Location of the Mevlânâ Lodge which is presently used as a museum, formerly the Rose Garden of the Seljuks Palace and it was presented as a gift by Sultan Alaaddin Keykubat to Mevlânâ's father Bahaeddin waled who is known as Sultan al-Ulama (Master of the Scholars). When Bahaeddin Waled died in 1231 he was buried the present grave which is in the mausoleum. When Mevlâna Jelaleddin Rûmî died on 17 December 1273 his son Sultan Waled accepted the request of those who wanted to build a mausoleum over Mevlâna’s grave. Seljuk Vizier Emir Pervane and his companions built a mausoleum over Mevlâna’s grave costed highly expensive which was made mahruti domed furnished by tiles. The tomb’s architect is Bedreddin from Tebriz. Mevlâna Lodge and the mausoleum started to function as a museum in 1926 under the name of “Konya Museum of Historical Antique Works”. In 1954 the display pattern of the museum was once more refurbished and it was renamed as the “Mevlâna Museum”. The courtyard of the museum is entered from “Derwişan Kapısı” (The gate of the Derwishes). There are rooms along the north and west sides of the courtyard. These rooms were built by Sultan Murat III for habitation of derwishes in 1584. Some of the rooms are at present used as an administration offices, two of them to the left of the gate used as “Postnişin” and “Mawlavi Han” rooms are kept in their original form and displayed and the last two rooms at the end are allocated to the very valuable book collections donated by Abdülbaki Gölpınarlı and Dr. Mehmet Önder. The matbah (kitchen) is on the south west corner of the museum. Until the lodge was converted to a museum the meals were being provided this section was restored in 1990 and the display was re-arranged with mannequins. In here cooking, the basic function of the kitchen and the “somat” the special table routine is demonsrated with mannequins. The south side, after Matbah (the kitchen) and Hürrem Pasha mausoleums, terminates with the gate of Hamûşân (Sealed Lips) which opens to üçler cemetery. In Mawlavi order the dead are called by Hamûşân (Sealed Lips). Semahâne is located in the middle of the garden. Immediately wooden windged door is opened to the tilavet ( Qur’an reciting and chanting) room. This room contains full of very valuable calligraphy arts. From here Huzûr-u Pîr (the hall of the mausoleum) where Mevlâna and his relative’s graves are located is entered from a silver door which was donated in 1599 by Hasan Pasha, who is the son of Sokullu Mehmet Pasha. Here, the oldest copıes of the famous works of Mevlâna the “Mathnawi” and “Divân-ı Kebîr” are displayed in two glass fronted cabinets. Under the high sarcophagus, Mevlâna's father Sultanu'l-Ulemâ Bahaeddin Veled was buried. The sarcophagus, which is over the Mevlâna’s father Bahaeddin Veled, is one of the sample of wooden work of Seljuk masterpiece and was made for Mevlâna when Süleyman the Magnificent had a new marble sarcophagus made over the graves of Mevlâna, the original one was removed and put over the grave of his father. Mevlâna’ sarcophagus is right under the Green Dome which was furnished with hattî, nebatî and hendesî decorations over the embroidery trunk depicts like a conversion of a wooden to the pure art. One of the sarcophagus which is decorated by tail in the mausoleum belongs to Muzafferiddün Emir Âlim Çelebi and the other one belongs to Jelale Hatun whose Mevlâna’s grandchild. Rest of the mausoleums are here in sequence Hüsameddin, Baytemüroğlu Şeyh Keramüddin, Emir Şemseddin Yahya, Mevlâna’ daughter Melike Hatun, and Khorassan men are placed. Right at the feet of these, the April Bowl, made for Ilhanlı King Ebu Said Bahadır Khan.
The Semahâne (Ritual Hall) section was built always with two neighbour section; one side was pertained to mesjid (small mosgue) and the other side was pertained to mausoleum in Dervish Lodges. Ornamented starry arch, which covers the mausoleum, and calligraphy with decorations on the wall add such a spiritual meaning to this post. Semah ceromonies were continued at this ritual hall until 1926, when the Dergah (Derwish lodge) was converted to a museum. The Nat Pew in the Hall, the olace where the musicians set (Mutrip rooms) and the sections for men and women are preserved in their original state, while metal and wooden objects and musical instruments of the Mewlevi are displayed. Courtyard is given a special flavour with the roofed washing fountain (Shadırwan) built by Sultan Yavuz Sultan Selim in 1512 and the “Sheb-I Arus” (nuptial night or the night Mevlânâ passed away) pool and the fountain which is located in the nothern part of the court and called Selsebil.